Zulqarnain Haider is an eminent painter of the Punjab School of Landscape Painting Initiated by Professor Khalid Iqbal in 1955. After taking his Master’s Degree in Fine Arts from the Punjab University in 1964, he was awarded a scholarship from the Beaux Arts Paris, and he proceeded to France where he studied Fresco painting and Mosaic. He went on to receive a diploma in Plastic Arts, and before returning to Pakistan mounted his first solo exhibition at the Pakistan Embassy in Paris in 1977. It was an event that was highly acclaimed.
In Lahore, Haider joined the faculty of the Punjab University where he taught for many years and continued with his art. He exhibited his work to great appreciation in the genre of Landscape painting regularly at the annual Punjab Artists’ Association. His work may now be seen in the collection of the National Art Gallery